Weekend Workshops (11am-3pm)
Our 5th and final workshop is:
Saturday 25 November
Location: The former Marks & Spencer (M&S) Unit, Lower Mall, Royal Priors Shopping Centre.
Please contact us if you have specific accessibility requirements.
- Time: All workshops run from 11 am – 3 pm. There may be limited entry from 2 pm depending on numbers and available materials.
- These workshops are frame-making workshops ONLY – so no gluing will be possible however, you can take materials (glue and paper) to finish off lanterns at home.
- Please bring a sealable jar or container for the PVA glue to take home if you need it 🙂
- No bookings are required. Workshop space fills on a first-come basis and it gets busier as we get closer to the Parade date
- Please allow 1-2 hours to make a Lantern.
- We usually recommend 1 parent per child per lantern. If you have multiple children per adult, it can be easier to make one lantern at a time as they are tricky for children to make alone.
For more information, phone us on 01926 470 634 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantern Making packs are also available to make them at home. Please see the details below.
Workshop Spaces & Support
Please note that workshop spaces are limited and offered to families on a first come basis from 11am. If the workshop becomes full we ask that families wait for a space or purchase a Lantern Pack to make one at home. There will be volunteers at the workshops who are happy to explain the Lantern Making process and offer some support. However please note they will be welcoming and supporting many families at the same time, so please bring along enough adults to support your children. We recommend one adult per lantern.
Lantern Making Packs – NOW SOLD OUT as of 28.11.23
Lantern Making Packs will be available from the BID Leamington Office and from workshop venues so you and your family can make them at home.
This will include detailed instructions, a bundle of withy, a bamboo carrying pole, some ‘wet-strength’ white tissue paper. The suggested donation is £3 for basic materials (withy and paper). You can purchase masking tape, PVA glue and torches and string lights from local retailers.
The BID Leamington Office is open Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm (cash only). Please give us a call or pop us an email to confirm your collection time, and the required number of lantern kits.
Phone: 01926 470 634 or email: email@example.com
Find us at:
35C Park Court, Park St,
Leamington Spa, CV32 4QN.
(down the drive opposite Bistrot Pierre)